Friday, February 6, 2015

Introducing the Multi_Verse

Secret Wars is coming and in May the Marvel Comics multiverse will become a monoverse (universe?) called Battleworld.  All of the existing Marvel universes will collide into one, most notably the main 616 universe and the Ultimate universe.  I think.  I cannot stress enough how little confidence I have in my understanding of this.

You're killing independent Squirrel Girl!



Being the open minded and confused individual that I am I will be reserving my judgment until I read the story and have all the facts.  For now the most important thing in the pro column is my enjoyment of all the interuniversal travel leading up to Secret Wars, like every Spider-Man ever in Spider-Verse and the All New X-Men meeting Miles Morales.

In the six months since I started this blog I've toyed with the idea of alternate universes and told some otherworldly stories.  With all of the talk of alternate universes on my brain, now is the time for me to lay out the details of my own Multi_Verse.


  • Earth One
    • Earth One is the control.  It is the universe in which you and I live our daily lives.  The universe full of TV shows and movies and music that I have opinions about.  It's the world where Once Upon a Time isn't as good as it should be, Felicity Smoak is better than everyone, and this Star Wars post isn't as well liked as I hoped.
  • Earth Two
    • This world is much weirder than Earth One.  Earth Two is where I was a wendigo.  It's also where I was interviewed by President Barack Obama and he deported me to North Korea where I lived happily ever after with Beyonce YonceBe, former President of Canada.  It should be noted that in Earth Two it is tradition for the President of Canada to change her last name to the pig latin translation of her first name.  However, that is not the case for Beyonce.  She was given that name at birth because she was destined for greatness.  I know what you're thinking Miranda. Both of those posts have links to Earth One posts. As my only fan you have to know that I appreciate your dedication, but there's a simple explanation for that. Earth Two Brian also has a blog, but obviously it can't be accessed from Earth One so I changed the links to similar posts of mine. I love how invested you are in this, Miranda. Keep up the good work.
  • Earth Three
    • Some might call Earth Three the darkest timeline, but that would be ill advised considering that world's history of racial tension.  In Earth Three, Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. supernaturally eradicated all racism and prejudice from white people, but it had an unfortunate side effect.  It turned black people into evil creatures, essentially confirming all of the racist fears of Earth One white people as if it were a "brilliant, biting satire."  Miranda's words, not mine.
  • Earth Four
    • Earth Four has the same basic timeline as Earth Three, but without the side effect.  It is a world of perfect harmony where there is no racism or sexism or any other problems.  It's a lot like John Lennon's "Imagine" but there isn't any condescension either.  Wonder Woman has her own movie, Scarlett Johansson is still with Ryan Reynolds, and I am in a loving polygamous relationship with Emma Stone, 90's Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, and Real-Life In-Her-Early-Thirties Hermione Granger.
  • Earth Five
    • Peaky Blinders but with giraffes instead of horse racing.  It probably won't come up again.  I just mention it because I like thinking about Cillian Murphy riding through London on the back of a giraffe.  And in the opening scene of the first episode that woman would have to climb a ladder to blow that magic dust stuff into the giraffe's nose.  It just tickles me.
If I add any more universes I will put their information here.
  • Earth Six: The Vengencifiers
    • I'm a superhero and member of the Vengencifiers team who defeat Lykke Li.  Also, I use a lot of footnotes.
  • Earth Seven: The Wild Western Werewolf World
    • Werewolves exist and everything has a slight Western vibe but the actual geography isn't necessarily limited the the Western U.S.  The hero is a woman named Richelle Verlaine.  She has anger issues but otherwise is a lovely person.

No comments:

Post a Comment